Forum Discussion

16 years ago

Offline Vault Store

Looking for some help and advice.

We have a migration starting and need to migrate alot of users who use offline vault store and also had 9gb and such pst folders.

Now that being said should i have Cache Mode enabled with offline vault before starting to migrate both mail and pst's

Or should i disable cache mode and then migrate everything and then enable and configure offline vault.

We are looking at setting the inital offline vault too 3 months of archive.

Anyone got specific perfomance data and such or advice

5 Replies

• Also if I've enabled a Offline Vault.

Will it handle doing there pst's for me or will client still send them back too the collector and migrator

• Not clear what you are migrating here. Exchange, EV, users to new domains, users to new machines.  Would really need this to get the best advice.

• These are basically

We are enabling new users to EV for exchange and needing to make sure it's configured to have least impact on them

Majority of the users already use ost files with outlook 2003.

So from what i've read then basically we need to go round and install the msi client onto there machines and configuring the offline vault store information  prior to enabling there accounts on EV.  

• You can't enable offline vault for users which are not yet enabled for EV.

So:

1. Install MSI Client

2. Enable for EV

3. Enable for Offline Vault

4. Migrate PST Files

Cheers

Michel

• Thanks

I thought i was that way but one of the pdf's i had from the website said to enable the offline vault before enabling the mailbox which was why i was confused.

second confusing item.

Would I be correct and assuming if i configure offline vault on the policy for all users then I don't need to run the wizard on there desktops?