Forum Discussion

sswanstr
Level 3
16 years ago

PST migration question

We have started to do some PST migration tests with EV for exchange.  For this test we have selected handful of users and gave them seperate email accounts for this test.  I have enabled some of them for client driven migration.  My question is: Once they've been enabled and logged into their test email accounts (I have verified that EV has started migrating some of the PSTs); do they need to stay logged into that test account for the migrations to complete or can they log back into their normal email accounts?  I have verified with them that they see all the additional EV functionality in outlook when logged into their test accounts, but not when logged into their normal accounts.

Thanks,

Steve

1 Reply

• They will need to keep Outlook open in order for the PST file to be moved to the vault server and for any post migration tasks to run, such as deleting the PST.  The Outlook plugin needs to be active (Outlook open) for client driven migrations, except when the vault server is migrating a PST that has already been copied.