Forum Discussion

Aladyreg
Level 3
9 years ago

Backup Exec 2014 - Restore data from tape

I am trying to find a way, how to extract data from restored Shadow Copy Components tape in Backup Exec 2014.

I have daily about 10 tasks appliance_dedupe and one task storages it all to tape every day. I have setup one month task to create month tapes in case of any. I am trying to restore all data from tape to disk. I have read that I have to restore Shadow Copy Components to disk at first. I done, it is on the disk, but I want to ,,restore,, from it data - now there are a lot of files with .bin suffixes.

Data on disk are only 1 month so if I need restore any file from year back, I got only shadow copy components.

I have fetched whole manual and a lot of forums, but did not found any help.

Thank you for your help, Robert

• A duplicate job is a stage you add to a standard job  definition so that it can be regularly scheduled (or run directly after the initial job.) Edit your backup job definition to understand where to add a stage.

ALso I think if you open up your storage details and look at the backup sets you might be able to select a backup set and duplicate it from there as well (as a one off duplicate)

18 Replies