Forum Discussion

Ahmad54
Level 3
11 years ago

Backup Job Fails When Run From Schedule, Succeeds When Run Manually

Hi I have a problem with Oracle job. The job used to run smoothly over the last couple months, however, after recovering from a long catastrophic power failure, we noticed that Backup Exec had a pr...
    11 years ago

SOLVED!

At first, the database admin didn't agree to install that patch on the Oracle server (!!!) so I thought of schedule the job to run on a different hour.

I went to backup exec to review the job history one more time, and for my surprise I found that the job RAN SUCCESSFULLY. So I headed to the Oracle server to check the event viewer, no event 24 or 35. I went to the D: partitioni which houses the database files, it used to have about %8 of free disk space, which is about 32GB, but now the database admin deleted/moved some unused folders and the free disk space is over 150GB now.

So to sum it up:

1. The issue was about free disk space, not high disk I/O. 
    2. The job completes successfully if scheduled to run on a different hour, so there must be some kind of script that runs on the Oracle server  -and consumes disk space (temporarily)- on a specific hour (around 8PM) and this is when the backup job is scheduled to run.

Thanks everyone for your support!