Forum Discussion

15 Replies

• Actually no, ntbackup is better since it can back up exchange :)

Now we are drifting out of the issue, which is quite simple.

I run quickstart, as stated, at multiple small businesses which only needs quickstart. All the other quickstart installations, under job properties, I can select a recipient for email notification. Under the installation in the issue posted here, the option is missing, which I still believe is a bug.

Now, I understand I cannot get support from Symantec, but I can still post in a public forum and get help, thank you.

The question is not what I should or should not do, the question is why does this regular feature doesnt work.
  • If you claim that your other customers on the same version of BE Quickstart have the feature you are using.  Perhaps use their install media?  Perhaps the builds are different?  
  • s3cactus....Look under the 'alerts' tab within quickstart, along the left pane there is a notification tasks section.   Within there you can assign your mail server, recipeients, and the types of alerts you want to send out.

-George
  • Just in case you haven't found a solution yet, here's what I did to show the options again.  Hope this helps.

I guess Simple Start is hiding options by default now.  Look under Tools > Options > Preferences > Choose Full – show all available features of Backup Exec.  
  • Hmm that's an intersting screenshot - that option to set Full or Simple is not present in BE 2010 R2 with a full license enabled instead of a Quickstart one. I am going to stick a quickstart number in instead just to check that.

EDIT: Confirmed for info the Full or Simple "User Interface Mode" settings is ONLY visible when a Quickstart license is installed.