Forum Discussion

molotov
Level 4
15 years ago

Exchange 2003 GRT backup to tape fail. Error 0xe00002f7

Hi all

I have installed BackupEXEc 2010 with latest updates on Win2008R2 server (that also have latest updates). When i try to backup Exchange2003SP2 storage group (Full, GRT enabled), job fails with error "0xe00002f7 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information".

Detailed error message is:
"V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified options because the Backup Exec Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server did not install completely. The file VirtApi.dll is missing. Click Tools, click Install Options and License Keys on this Media Server, and then click Next to run the Install Wizard. On the Features list, ensure that the agent is selected for installation. Continue with the installation, and then retry the operation."

This error appears only when i make backup to tape. B2D-based job completes succesfully.
Tape-based job with disabled GRT also completes without exceptions...

Here that I tried:
-Repair BackupEXEc installation
-Reinstall BE-agent on exchange server
-Reinstall MS exchange component (license key) on BE server.

Files are present:
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\virtapi.dll
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\x86\virtapi.dll

Somebody knows in what a problem?
  • I told with support and we solved the problem..
    Trouble is with using together Exchange backup job and AOFOption. By design, BE-exchange agent doing snapshot himself and additional snapshot copy (AOFO) disturbs to it.

32 Replies