Forum Discussion

Cat_Adams
Level 5
10 years ago

Issues Restoring from Backup Tapes

I have 4 month end tapes from April 2014.  I have inserted them in the tape library,  I have inventoried them and cateloged them.  I can see all the data on the tapes when I go to properties.  BUT, when I try to restore,  the date range that I put in will not bring up the tape data.

I am using Backup Exec 2014 Service Pack 2.  The server that I am wanting to restore data to is still in place.  Nothing has changed.  I have restored data before so I am a little taken aback regarding what I could be doing incorrectly.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Cathy Adams

• Hi Cathy,

You ran an Inventory before, right?

Have you tried to browse for those tapes and then tried the restore from there?

Thanks!

• From your document, look at the screen after you said, "As you can see Slot 7 HSIG-MS1 Resource is HSIG dated 5/4/2014".  On this screen, have you tried right-clicking on the backup set that you want and then doing a restore?

I remember some other users complaining about the same problem.  I can't remember what is the solution.  Have you tried updating to SP2 and the latest hotfixes?

• Are you able to use the "Search" feature from the restore wizard to search for the data which you want to restore ?

If not, uncheck the option "use storage-based catalogs" and then recatalog the tape. Check the restore selections again.

11 Replies