Forum Discussion

PedroR
Level 3
15 years ago

Jobs remain Queued

I have a 12.5 backup server with a fibre attached EXabyte 448 tape drive unti with two LTO3 drives.  All was working fine unitl a week ago, my backup jobs now remain in a "QUEUED, no idle devices available" mode.  When I look under devices, my tape drives say that they are in use, but I can't figure out by what.  Clicking on each drive I can see a tape in each, a retired media and a scratch media, but I don't see any jobs or anything to let me know what is using these tapes and preventing me from running my jobs.

Please help!

• I'd like to thank you all for your assistance.  I was able to speak with an Exabyte tech today, and he informed me that Backup Exec was having an issue because I was starting it up, while the Exabyte Unit was performing some internal processes.  He had me perform the following and my drives are working properly again.

1) Set Backup Exec services to Manual and reboot the server.

2) Once the server was back online, without Backup Exec running, I rebooted the Exabyte unit

3) I allowed the Exabyte unit to boot up for 15-20 minutes, this allowed it's internal processes to complete.

4) Started up all of the Backup Exec services. 

5) Started up Backup Exec.  Waited about 5 minutes and then kicked off one of my jobs that was remaining "Queued".  After approx 2 minutes, status changed to running and I can see the byte count and job rate increasing.

Thank you again to you all.  Have a great day.

11 Replies

• I'd like to thank you all for your assistance.  I was able to speak with an Exabyte tech today, and he informed me that Backup Exec was having an issue because I was starting it up, while the Exabyte Unit was performing some internal processes.  He had me perform the following and my drives are working properly again.

1) Set Backup Exec services to Manual and reboot the server.

2) Once the server was back online, without Backup Exec running, I rebooted the Exabyte unit

3) I allowed the Exabyte unit to boot up for 15-20 minutes, this allowed it's internal processes to complete.

4) Started up all of the Backup Exec services. 

5) Started up Backup Exec.  Waited about 5 minutes and then kicked off one of my jobs that was remaining "Queued".  After approx 2 minutes, status changed to running and I can see the byte count and job rate increasing.

Thank you again to you all.  Have a great day.