Forum Discussion

0bvi0us
Level 4
12 years ago

Jobs Stuck in Queued Indefinitely

So i'm having an issue with Backup exec 2012 SP1. I have jobs scheduled to run at night and they aren't running at all (when they previously had, no changes made). My jobs are stuck in the que and won't take off, I have to cancel them to get them to go away, but the next days jobs ALSO do nothing.

I'm backing up to a dedupe folder that has plenty of space left (3+TB) and my jobs don't ever come near filling it.

We use a dell DR4000 tape drive (but it's not coming close to getting to it)

I have already tried a few steps of troubleshooting by what I could find on the other forum posts.

1. Canceled jobs, waited until next day - still stuck

2. Restarted BE services, waited until next day - still stuck

3. Restarted Server, waited until next day - still stuck

4. Repair installation of BE, waited until today - still stuck.

I could really use some help, seeing as it's Friday and it's not going to be good if I don't get the weekend jobs running.

Below is a picture of what's going on. If you click into the jobs all it says is

Operation: None  Operation: Queued

ALSO, some of my jobs have been randomly been put on hold, but even when I uncheck the hold box, they still do nothing.

• Ulrik

I recently found the solution, try and delete your dedupe folder and then readd it. Your backup exec will have to change all of your jobs away from the dedupe folder (have no fear, some will get stuck) and you'll have to manually change or delete them. 

After the jobs are changed, delete the dedupe media, restart the BE server, add the dedupe media, change all the jobs back.

I have one job that refuses to change back, even deleting / readding the job. Seems good.

19 Replies