Forum Discussion

flahr
Level 3
11 years ago

Logon account that was provided does not have the appropriate privileges to back up the SQL database

Recently I upgrade BackExec 2010 to 2012, updated remote agents etc... and I created all  "new" jobs and started from scratch. I have 3 servers running Win2008 with MSSQL and two of them are backing up fine,  but I am having problems with one particular server (Win2008 with MSSQL). Testing creditionals work fine, I use the System Logon Account. I have changed the creditionals to domain admins, I even used the SA logon account for access the MSSQL server and it always fails with the below errors.

I have done the following:

In SQL Server Management Server I made sure that the logon account used for backing up SQL database exists there. Made sure the Logon account was in the Sysadmin Role.

Test Run Errors (only a partial list of the errors):

Device       : 3f4c28a6-a36c-4622-980c-f541f10538d3, DICOMSERVER\MSSQLSERVER
Check status : Error: e0009b84, The job failed with the following error: 
The logon account that was provided does not have the appropriate privileges to back up the SQL database . Either assign the appropriate privileges to this logon account, or use another logon account.

Device       : 3F4C28A6-A36C-4622-980C-F541F10538D3, \\DICOMSERVER\C:
Check status : Error: e0009b84, The job failed with the following error: 
The logon account that was provided does not have the appropriate privileges to back up the SQL database . Either assign the appropriate privileges to this logon account, or use another logon account.

Job Alert Errors (only a partial list of the errors):

Job ended: Friday, May 09, 2014 at 12:36:32 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0008443 - One or more SQL Database consistency checks have failed.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33859
V-79-57344-65088 - WARNING: The DBCC NEWALLOC command requires SA rights.  The consistency check cannot be completed.

User 'guest' does not have permission to run DBCC checkdb for database 'msdb'.

V-79-57344-65088 - WARNING: The DBCC NEWALLOC command requires SA rights.  The consistency check cannot be completed.

User 'public' does not have permission to run DBCC checkdb for database 'PRA_DICOM'.

User 'public' does not have permission to run DBCC checkdb for database 'PSC_DICOM'.

etc.....etc...

Backup- DICOMSERVER\MSSQLSERVER
Database \model was not found, or could not be accessed.

Click an exception below to locate it in the job log

Backup- DICOMSERVER\MSSQLSERVER
V-79-57344-5891 - The object was not found, or could not be accessed (MS SQL backup). The item DICOMSERVER\MSSQLSERVER\model in use - skipped.

13 Replies