Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Need to Recreate BE 2010 Catalog

Help!

I tried to change the location of my BE2010 R3 catalog using BEUtility and it seems to have emptied the old catalog before recreating the new one.  Now, I have two empty catalogs and no backup that I know of.  Is there any way to recreate the catalog?  I hope the answer is not to have to load and catalog all of my tapes, because that would be a huge job!

thanks,

Linda

13 Replies

• To view the data on the cata the tapes need to be recataloged if the catalog data is missing from the catalogs folder. This will recreate the fh and xml files inside the catalog folder

Catalogs > All the restore selections (like the table of contents of a book)

Database > Job settings, Media set related information, Credentials, Device related information,Job Policies, rules, encryption keys, etc.

• I did check my recycly bin - catalog data not there. I can't imagine what I did to delete those files without deleting the folder they were in.  I would have had to select them all and then delete them, and if they were too big to fit in the recycle bin, I would have gotten a message to that effect, telling me this would be an unrecoverable delete.  I am baffled!

Thanks,

Linda