mastaap
Level 3
14 years ago

One Mailbox is missing

Hello everybody

Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise
Backup Exec 2010 with all patches / hot fixes
Exchange 2003 SP2 --> Agent installed

The problem is, that one mailbox is missing, when I want to restore from a GRT backup to tape.
When I do a backup to disk, all mailboxes ar available to restore.

Has everbody an idea what the problem can be?

Sorry for my Englisch ;)

And thanks alot.

regars from Switzerland

• yes, now I have updates from symantec.

Following is the problem:
    http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/351407.htm

Mailbox has dissimilar values for the attributes LegacyExchangeDN and mailNickName!
    But Symantec is now developing a Hot Fix for this problem! My workaround is a backup to disk. I subscribed this article and waiting for the Hotfix.

Symantex says, that this Hot Fix has priority, cause a lot of customers open a case for this problem.

Hope this helps

regards

16 Replies

• Some kind of mapi issue . You would need to enable GRT debug and then probably check the logs when it update the catalog.
    To open a support case you need to call Symantec

• Thanks for the debug mode.
    Now i have done a backup to tape with debug enabled.

Its too big to post the full log, but following is strange:

[0444] 08/06/10 14:18:21 look in mbox for "Firstname Lastname" ["firstname.lastname"]   --> this is only from the user with problems.
    [0444] 08/06/10 14:18:21 not found try again

Some ideas? or shuld i open a case?
  • Well the issue is with the mailbox as the other mailboxes are shown fine .are backed up as well ... And i beleive you would get the same reply from the Support as well .
  • I will give feedback when i receive more information from symantec
  • yes, now I have updates from symantec.

Following is the problem:
    http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/351407.htm

Mailbox has dissimilar values for the attributes LegacyExchangeDN and mailNickName!
    But Symantec is now developing a Hot Fix for this problem! My workaround is a backup to disk. I subscribed this article and waiting for the Hotfix.

Symantex says, that this Hot Fix has priority, cause a lot of customers open a case for this problem.

Hope this helps

regards