Forum Discussion

17 years ago

RD1000 disk cartridges, eject problem

Hi!,

I have an internal Dell RD1000 with disk cartridges. The problem is that automatic eject of the cartridges when a job completes does not work. Eject from the devices tab in Backup Exec works fine. 
Is it a known bug?

/T

17 Replies

• Is anyone continuing to have issues with the RD1000, and BUE 12 with auto eject after a job?
  • Yes i'm stilling having this issue.  On the phone with Symantec right now...AGAIN.  They have not been able to solve this for me yet.  Very frustrated.  If anyone has any good info regarding a fix for this problem I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks.
  • Is your problem that is doesn't eject at the end of the job or that it will not eject when you push the button?
  • What i have found is that you have to use the rdxmon utility, and you cant use the grt option and then the eject after job option will work.
  • HI folks. Right, I can't eject with the button or within the OS after the Backup job runs.  I spoke to Dell about it today and they said removing GRT from the backup exec job will do the trick.  Haven't gotten the chance to try it yet though.
  • As you can tell now in 2008 this is not a hot thread.  I can say this.

Latest Dell Drivers + built in utility & BE 12 - ZERO PROBLEMS.   <- notice the Period

• What I have found is that if I stop and restart the RDXmon, I am still not able to eject the drive. If I stop  the Backup Exec services, I am not able to to eject the drive. If I restart the Backup Exec services, the drive is allowed to eject. The Exchange Granually Recovery feature may be an issue and I am testing that out over the next couple of days. 

I also creates a simple script and scheduled it to run every morning to restart the backup exec services in order to release whatever isstopping the eject from working.

REM - Stop Backup Exec services.

C:

cd \

cd  "\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\"

"C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\bemcmd" -o503

REM - Start Backup Exec Services.

"C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\bemcmd" -o502

This is Backup Exec 12 and RDXmon 1.16.