Forum Discussion

EvgeniyL
Level 5
11 years ago

Howto backup windows cluster and restore cluster?

Hello all i used SBE 2010R3. Please tell me how to properly perform a backup of the cluster, as well as in the case of failure to recover? You need to take apart each server, and all drives? How ...
    11 years ago

I understand correctly, to restore active node Microsoft Cluster Server and Cluster quorum disk, without passive node  i have:

1. Create server with OS

a. If the system being recovered was in a Domain pre-disaster, then do not join the Domain, instead, the Primary DNS Suffix should be changed to match the domain name (i.e. If the computer is named 'computer.domain.com', the Primary DNS suffix will need to be 'domain.com') This can be found under System Properties>Computer Name>Change>More.  For additional information on this and on troubleshooting restore errors, review the following article

2. Restore to it all file data, shadow copy components, system state from last backup

3. Reboot cluster nodes

4. Disable the cluster disk driver on all nodes in order to gain access to the new disk.

5. Add all shared disk.

6. Using a remote Backup Exec server, restore the cluster files to the Quorum disk via the node that has access to the disk.

7. Enable the cluster disk driver on all nodes.

8.Right-click the cluster disk driver, and then select Enable.

9. Reboot cluster nodes.