Forum Discussion

19 years ago

Tape ejection issue

Occasionally the tape is ejecting during the day from an Exabyte VXA2 IDE drive. According to MFR device logs, tapes are ejecting due to a Veritas Backup Exec 10 command to the device. For example, I replace the tape that ejected from the previous successful backup job in the morning, only to later find that the new tape for the upcoming job has been ejected. There are no Veritas alerts indicating bad tape, incorrect tape, or any other events showing from the Veritas Console. How would one troubleshoot such a problem?

I have downloaded latest device drivers from Veritas as well as all available updates.

3 Replies

• Hi Chris,

Have you activitated the "Eject tape after job completes" option?

What is the overwrite protection period and append period of the media set to which this media belongs to.

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.
  • That's a tough one. The only reason that I can think of that a drive would eject without receiving a command over the bus is if it were overheating.

Check your Removable Storage Service. Stop and disable it. See if that helps. - R
  • Hello Chris,

Can you please update on the issue ?

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.