Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Updated to BE21 now certain services won't start.

Background: We have a legacy standalone BE server with two autoloading tape drives attached to it with YEARS of backups. We recently configued a new virtualized server with disc to disc backups in o...
    5 years ago

It sounds like you've already checked the application event log for details of which service gets which error, but if not this is the place to start.

Comparing my own crib sheet of services and their dependencies (see attached JPG) with your screenshot, it looks like the Remote Agent for Windows that needs to start for the other two (management and job engine) to be able to.

However not all services should run using domain admin credentials, in fact the top four in my list:
     - SQL Server / Error Recording / Lockdown Server / Remote Agent for Windows all run under Local System.
    I'm not sure if that is your problem but its a good place to start. Some of this information can be found in the following technote:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100027530 - List of Backup Exec Services - Service Names etc

Good luck..!