Forum Discussion

18 years ago

why does one ext usb drive work, yet all else fail?

Hello,

I have three backup-to-disk folders on external usb drives. HD1,HD2,HD3

When I try to inventory any of the three one at a time, i get this error. (HD1 Sometimes is successful)

Final error: 0xe0008115 - Physical Volume Library Drive or Robot paused, offline, or disabled.
Final error category: Backup Device Errors

I go back to devices and choose for them to be "online" untill they finally show that they are not "offline"

Start a backup job on HD1 is usually ok.

Starting a backupjob on HD2 or HD3 gives me errors or just sits in "queued" state.
The two errors are:

Final error: 0xe000810c - Physical Volume Library Drive not available.
Final error category: Backup Device Errors

or

Final Error: 0x84d9 - 0x 84d9 (34009)
Final error category: Other Errors

Thanks in advance and let me know if you need any further information.

15 Replies

• I don't work for Veritas/Symantec (see the icon under my name)

You can either wait for one of the Symantec Techs to jump in on this thread,or you can open a new one. Probabaly get faster response if you open a new one.
  • Is it possible that it is GRT related? Since so many users are complaining about the buggy BE 11d, it might be worth the effort to make a quick test with GRT disabled.
  • Bin,

do you know how I can disable GRT?

Bugs with BE 11d? Should i Look for a 10d trial instead?
  • The GRT functionality is enabled by default when Backup Exec 11d is installed with the Exchange Agent option. GRT functionality is enabled either in the Tools / Options - Set Application Defaults, Backup Job Properties, or Job Defaults windows by checking the Microsoft Exchange option to Enable the restore of individual mail messages and folders from Information Store backups.

The above paragraph is from this link: http://support.veritas.com/docs/287318

Hope this helps.
  • thanks for the suggestion
    I believe i have disabled the "GRT"

i went to

tools > options > microsoft exchange

i UNCHECKED the box

"enable the restore of individual mail messages and folders from Information Store backups"

Still the same errors.