Forum Discussion

16ris10
Level 6
12 years ago

how to check vcs working properly with nbu?

i have a new 2 node master that i did the installation for nbu 7.5. we have vcs 5.1 for clustering. and os is rhel6. and 4 other media server running the same os. cluster name is: nbu node1: mast...
    12 years ago
    Jobs currently running to your media servers should restart once the Master server is back online. Here is an excerpt from the NBU Cluster guide for 7.5: "When a failover occurs, the backup jobs that were running are rescheduled with the normal NetBackup retry logic for a failed backup. The NetBackup services are started on another node and the backup processing resumes." Please ensure that the following file is identical on both hosts: /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/cluster/NBU_RSP A simple /opt/openv/netbackup/bin/bpps -a on the active node will report all the online services. To test the failover, simply run the following command: #> hagrp -switch nbu_group -to master02 #> hastatus Once the Service Group "nbu_group" is online on master02 then you can check the status of your pending jobs. Can you post the output from #> nbemmcmd -listhosts -verbose Keep in mind that the NBU Master services are only active on one node at a time, so my susepciion is that you will see master02 in the list once you fail over. Hope this helps. Joe D