Level 5
11 years ago

Use of event triggers not working

Hi,

My environment,

SFW-HA 6.0.1 & Windows 2008 R2

node 1 & node 2 in one cluster with EV service group

server 3 (not part of cluster) has CIFS shared folder \fileshare

I need to have \\server3\fileshare mounted as drive Z: on active node before EV service group goes online. From CLI I can issue "net use Z: \\server3\fileshare" and the share is mounting OK, so i added this to preonline.pl script thinking that it will run just like on CLI. I tried to online service group with that trigger but it seems to be not working though engine_A log shows it was executed successfully. 

This is what I've added on preonline.pl script,

$group = $ARGV[1];
if ($group eq "EV") {
    VCSAG_SYSTEM("net use Z: \\server3\fileshare");
}

i tried using preonline.bat instead of perl script with just one line command "net use Z: \\server3\fileshare". first, i tried to just double-click on batch file to make sure its working and it did mount fine, 2nd, i tried onlining the service group, this time it somehow mounted the share but on My Computer it shows disconnected though I can read/write the drive, but the service group did not go online. I cannot dismount it anymore unless i reboot the active node. 

Any idea why it's not mounting through perl, and why it behaves like that through batch file?

If the same syntax run manually it's fine but if its part of the trigger it's not workiing.

35 Replies