Forum Discussion

Baron164
Level 6
11 years ago

Compliance Accelerator 9.0 configuration

I installed Compliance Accelerator and I created a new search under the Application Tab and let it run and it finished successfully. However when I go to the Review tab it says "No Items Avaliable" s...
    11 years ago

Time out errors during the bulk insertion of search hits can be caused by several things, including but not limited to -

1. Too much load on the SQL Server.
    2. Improper autogrowth settings in the properties of the CA Customer database, its transaction log, the tempdb database, and / or its transaction log.
    3. TCP Chimney feature is active on the CA and / or SQL Server.
    4. TCP Offload features are enabled on the network interface card on the CA and / or SQL Server.
    5. The connection timeout setting in the properties of the CA Customer are too small (the default values may need to be increased by a factor of 10).
    6. The amount of data returned is in chuncks too large for the current SQL Server configuration to handle.

I recommend stopping and rejecting the search to start with.  Then re-evaluate the search criteria to see if you can narrow down what you want.

Then, I recommend going through TECH56172, "Recommended steps to optimize performance on Enterprise Vault (EV), Compliance Accelerator (CA), Discovery Accelerator (DA), and SQL Servers in an EV environment", available at http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH56172.  The information in this technical article will help you to optimize your CA environment to what we have found helps the majority of our customers run CA very well.  There may need to be some additional adjusting done after the recommendations are implemented, so be aware of that possibility.  Also, carefully read the article as we note in it where some recommendations are not for EV 10 or not for 64-bit environments.

I also recommend going through TECH63230, "Routine monitoring and maintenance for the Accelerator environment", available at http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH63230.  The information in here includes setting the autogrowth settings on the database and transaction logs for best performance.  It has some other recommended actions that can augment the recommended optimizations.

Finally (for now), if you don't need a search to go across all Departments (when you have multiple Departments), I recommend creating your search within the Department in which it is meant to run.  That keeps the Application level Searches tabl cleaner by showing only those searches that need to run across multiple Departments.