Forum Discussion

s_support
Level 4
10 years ago

dlo 7.6 - failed to read data from chunks, missing attachment pst

hi,

have just upgraded to 7.6 dlo server, and upgraded a couple of agents to 7.6.  i was told that doing this upgrade would resolve the failed to read data from chunks issue when restoring PST files, and missing attachments.

i have just done another restore, and at the end of the restore, it says total number of attachments=25470, number of attachments restore=6553. failed to read data from chunk file.

hoping someone can shed some light on what we are doing wrong, and whether this should be happening.

thanks

Phil.

• it appears all is working and restoring fine now!  apparently a reboot of the dlo console server rectified everything, and the pst's did a full backup afterwards, and i was able to restore without any errors.

thanks for all your help on this one vjware.

Phil

17 Replies

• i have just gone through the pst file, and had a look at a few of the emails.  it appears that normal "attachments" have been restored, however, some emails are missing signatures and pictures/screenshots from them.  i believe these are the missing attachments that were unable to be restored from chunk file.

vjware you are able to confirm if this is normal.  does not sound to be normal...

• Would you pls log a formal support case as ideally this issue should not occur with a new agent install of SDLO 7.6

• i have logged a support Case # 07534920

i'm hoping i can interact with my previous engineer i was talking to, neer.

• On it. Will try to get the BL engineer involved on this new case.

• hi VJWare,

it appears the issue may be fixed now.  apparently the server got restarted this morning (did not restart after the upgrade because was not prompted to), and i've just done a few restores, and i am no longer getting a failed reading chunk error.

the error i get now is "hash value not exists", but the number of attachments = 25470, number of attachments restored = 25438.

is this error totally different?

Phil.

• Possibly yes. I believe this error may affect only users with older backups, but would recommend to work with Support to confirm this.

• it appears all is working and restoring fine now!  apparently a reboot of the dlo console server rectified everything, and the pst's did a full backup afterwards, and i was able to restore without any errors.

thanks for all your help on this one vjware.

Phil