Forum Discussion

Jun1or
Level 5
15 years ago

Missing attachments after Email Archive

Hello All

I have ran in to some problem, yesterday I setup a retention policy to archive anything older than few months and some users are now reporting the attachements in the mail is missing. When I checked this the file is replaced with EAS and the size 0kb, this hasnt happend for all attachments. The user reports these attachments are Zip and excel files. Please advise.

Many Thanks
Jun1or

• What product are you using?  You mention EAS in your post.  This forum is for Symantec Enterprise Vault.

Regards,

8 Replies

• What product are you using?  You mention EAS in your post.  This forum is for Symantec Enterprise Vault.

Regards,

• When items are archived the attachments will be replaced with links to the attachments if thats what the policy is set up to do
    what happens if you open or restore the email? also are they looking in OWA or within Outlook?

• Sorry, we are using Enterprise Vault 8.0.

I have checked both OWA and Outlook and when I open the email the attachement I can download a file name @ with no associations.
  • I've got a similar issue, but don't see what the resolution was. Does anyone know how to resolve?