Forum Discussion

ktfaye
Level 2
11 years ago

Clearwell Privilege Logs

The documentation for the Clearwell Platform states:   Privilege log: Clearwell automatically creates a privilege log of all privileged documents for opposing counsel’s review. Users have the flexibi...
    11 years ago

This should help:

How to generate a Privileged (Document) Log in Clearwell (CW).

Article:TECH207728  |  Created: 2013-06-26  |  Updated: 2013-07-17  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH207728

privilege log is a document that describes documents or other items withheld from production in a civil lawsuit under claims of attorney–client privilegework product doctrine, or trade secrets.

Solution

• In the Print dialogue choose the following:
      • Print: All documents
      • Format: Document log (CSV)
    • Select Print from the Actions drop-down menu.
    • Click on Analysis & Review.
    • Select the Case.
    • Login to Clearwell (CW).
    • Select Advanced Search, expand the Tag filter and choose the following:
      • (Expand) Tag (select) "Find Items with the following tags" (and expand) Any (to the select tag).
    • Select Print...
    JimmyClearwell
    8 years ago

I know that I'm really late in replying here :robotwink: However, I wanted to point out what hopefully would be obvious but I feel is missing from the article that Tony provided.

The step to select the Privilege tag is missing. The way the article reads the log would include all tagged documents and not just those tagged as Privilege which is the reason for the Privilege log in the first place.

Oh and documents would of course need to be tagged Privileged before any of this can happen :robothappy: