Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Add-in v10.0.4 against EV12.4 server functionality

Hello,

We are upgrading from EV11.0.1 to EV12.4 but some PCs still have add-in v10.0.4.  We may not upgrade if the restore from vault button soes not work in Outlook so, ¿Has anyone checked this functionality in those versions before?

Thanks in advance

Marcde
    5 years ago

Hi Jose,

I quickly gave it a try in my lab with EV Server 12.4.1, Outlook 2013 on Windows 10 (W10 does also not support 10.x add-ins) and an 10.0.4 BASE add-in. This worked properly but keep in mind that environments are different and even if I do get this to work does not mean it will work for you. In case you get issue with this Veritas might only refer to the compatibility chart. 

Regards

Marc 

6 Replies

• Hi,

out of curiosity - What speaks against using the latest 11.0.1 CHF5 add-in which should be compatible with EV 12 (All 11.x add-ins should be).

I can imagine that it works but Veritas has not tested it. 

Which version of Outlook and Exchange are you using? 

Regards

Marc

Jose_Luis_Per1
      Level 5

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Well, the Company is really slow to test and start deploying agents or software on PCs, but enentually the´ll do: Deploy Add-in v11 and then v12.

I just need to go now to EV12.4 because of this project´s timing restrictions, and it turned out that the restore button is important for many users.

Outlook versions are mixed from Outlook 2013 to Outlook 2016 64 bits, and Exchange is v2010.

Regards,

Jose Luis

Marcde

Hi Jose,

I quickly gave it a try in my lab with EV Server 12.4.1, Outlook 2013 on Windows 10 (W10 does also not support 10.x add-ins) and an 10.0.4 BASE add-in. This worked properly but keep in mind that environments are different and even if I do get this to work does not mean it will work for you. In case you get issue with this Veritas might only refer to the compatibility chart. 

Regards

Marc