Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Archive Task Failure

Hello We are experiencing task failure. We have 3 Exchanges and we have 3 tasks to archive those Exchanges. When we stop 3 task and start 2 of them succesfully 1 of them always failing. It doesn't m...
    SheldonDsouza
    4 years ago

Hello vaultlearner 

I am assuming that this issue has erupted after a change. Either upgrading of EV or a change somewhere else. This isn't a day 01 issue, correct?

Besides reinstalling Outlook or upgrading Outlook, have you cleared out all the MAPI Profiles? What's the Profile Expiry limitation set?

Also, did you review this article? Archiving Task fails with Events 3460 & 2256 when starting a task that targets Exchange 2013 or 2016 due to RPC issues (I am guessing you would have, if not check it out and let us know).

Also, why have you increased the number of connections to the Exchange on the task? if 2 out of 3 tasks work but the 3rd fails, then there is a resource overload on the EV Server. Instead of looking at the Concurrent Connections at the task level, I'd suggest reviewing the aforementioned article and see if it makes any difference and also, as GertjanA review the Proxy Server setting.

vaultlearner
    4 years ago

Hello SheldonDsouza,

I just check it. After upgrade of Outlook, tasks are not failing. We are going to observe it for a week. 

Only thing  Deployment scanner gives warning about Outlook 2016.  Please check the attachment.

Thanks

Vaultlearner.

GertjanA
    4 years ago

Hello,

The warning shows because the Compatibility Guide has some specific remarks on that version. See this 

As it is a warning, it simply indicates you need to check those remarks, but it will not prevent EV functioning/installation.