Forum Discussion

bdc
Level 4
16 years ago

Cannot enable some mailboxes: Error 0x80040115

We have a problem with 5 mailboxes that cannot be enabled, error 0x80040115. When looking in the FAQ it says to uncheck the permission for "Associated External Account"  but this applies to Exchange 2003(http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/281637.htm) - we are using Exchange 2007 and I cannot find a way to disbale this. :-(

Any help would be much appriciated!

• Just before I wanted to try the dtrace solution I tried to enable the mailboxes again - and it worked all of a sudden... Little computer people fixed it overnight, it seems...

There is one more mailbox causing trouble, but with a different error. I will post a separate topic for this.

Thanks for your help, anyway!

5 Replies

• So other mailboxes enable fine?  You could grab a dtrace of Archive Task whilst trying to enable.
  • Yes, the majority of mailboxes enable just fine. Could you please tell me how to do this dtrace? I am new to EV and don't know much about it yet :-(.

Thanks!

• 80040115 in MAPI means MAPI_E_Network_ERROR.  This can be because some fields like homeMTA are incorrect.  I'd suggest maybe looking at these Exchange related fields to make sure that they are OK.

I also assume that the users can login to their mailbox etc.

Ben

• Just before I wanted to try the dtrace solution I tried to enable the mailboxes again - and it worked all of a sudden... Little computer people fixed it overnight, it seems...

There is one more mailbox causing trouble, but with a different error. I will post a separate topic for this.

Thanks for your help, anyway!