13 years ago

CArchivingAgent::ConstructMovedItemXml - event 2776

Getting this on EV805 Server with Exchange 2003 Mailbox and Journal Archiving

Event says:

An exception occurred in the routine:

CArchivingAgent::ConstructMovedItemXml

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION @ 0x 6FBB840

Haven't been able to find anything on line

Two exchange servers have several thousand items in their A6 queue - so the event and the errors indiactes there is something wrong with dealing with moved items.

Any ideas where to look?

• Ok - i think this one is sorted now.

It was just system overload!

I have discovered that the Exchange Admins had told everyone that to improve Outlook performance they should tidy up their Inbox and file everything appropriately.

Based on this users had been mving their shortcuts around and their two largest users had moved several thousand shortcuts!

Unsurprisingly their Outlook performance suddently got worse!

If anyone has similar issue just take a look at the enterprise vault\reports\mailbox archiving\MovedItemUpdateSummary_servername_date logs to see how much is going on.

Thanks for everyones help.

10 Replies

• looks like an item issue, Get a dtrace of the task whilst failing should be something like "this is a moved item" to identify the problem item(s) and log a support case.

thanks

• Thanks - looks like lots of items, but unfortunately no all items so must be specific to some shortcust

I am running the trace now - will post details shortly but at first glance it is looking for shorcuts in folders that no longer exist ...

• Hi

We had issues here with MAPI due to going to Outlook 2007 ready for the V9 / Exchange 2010 upgrade next week (ESM 2003 installed on the EV Server)

I have fixed that issue this morning and even though we are not currently in an archiving window the system is currently ploughing happily through the moved items updates for the two exchange servers now and updating its reports (MovedItemsUpdateSummary_) and the A6 queues are slowly reducing.

The only thing i saw in the trace log (10 MB in about just over 1 minute) of note was the following:

6787 11:06:55.800 [4240] (Storage Archive) <8456> EV:H CSaveset2::get_AgentItemIdentifier_com_error exception. hr=%1 could not be found [0x800300002]

This is repeated with AgentItemProperties and AgentItemQualifier in place of the AgentItemIdentifier in the above error. 

This happended twice during the 70 seconds of running the trace

I guess i just wait to see if it all clears down now - will update later

• We're you dtracing storage archive or the archive task? Really for moved items you should trace ArchiveTask and StorageOnlineOpns
  • This was for the archive task - will try the storage one next

Trying to work out why Journaling is slow now - might just be everything catching up!

• I'm really confused, You Dtraced the ArchiveTask and storage archive or just storage archive?
  • I just did a quick trace from the GUI for Mailbox Archiving Issues - nothing special - just to try and get an idea of what was going on.

• As pointed out earlier this is likely to be an issue with a single (or possibly more items) perhaps with corrupt properties.  If you could capture the issue within an Archiving task Dtrace it should be simple to work backwards to the mailbox and item.

Trace of ArchiveTask.exe should be sufficient.

-Karl

• It looks like this may have all been down to bad communications - mainly MAPI due to Outlook 2007 (ready for Exchange 2010 archiving) and ESM 2003 on the EV Server.

This and my other issues have pretty much gone away since fixing this and everything is running a treat now!

There are entries for missing moved items but i guess that these are the usual items being deleted before shortcut conversion and may set the hide missing items registry key to tidy up the event logs

Thanks for everyones input - will leave open for now in case anyone feels the missing moved items is more of an issue than it seems

• Ok - i think this one is sorted now.

It was just system overload!

I have discovered that the Exchange Admins had told everyone that to improve Outlook performance they should tidy up their Inbox and file everything appropriately.

Based on this users had been mving their shortcuts around and their two largest users had moved several thousand shortcuts!

Unsurprisingly their Outlook performance suddently got worse!

If anyone has similar issue just take a look at the enterprise vault\reports\mailbox archiving\MovedItemUpdateSummary_servername_date logs to see how much is going on.

Thanks for everyones help.