Forum Discussion

ZVault
Level 2
17 years ago

Deleting an entire folder in archive explorer

So , I imported a PSt file for a user in another users archive and I need to delete the entire folder that was created !!! How can I do this ? I really really dont want to delete 4 GB of information in 100 subfolders in that PST file.

please help !

thanks !
Zvault

6 Replies

• I'm not to familiar with the pst migrator (not using it) but I believe you'll have to remove the mailbox from vault delete the items and then revault.
    Hopefully someone with more knowledge will step up and make a better suggestion.
  • Hi

There is no easy way as far as I know.
    The easiest would be to select the "root" folder which you want to delete in archive explorer, click "search" -> "choos folder" -> select the "root" folder to delete -> select "and subfolders" and then click "start".

You could then delete the items it has found as they all should be beneath the pst "root" folder.

Cheers
    Michel
  • Still leaves me with 340 pages of email to delete :) , I think I figured out a way , I am going to export this users archive to a PST , make modifications in the PST and reimport the PST's into vault into a brand new vault I create for the user.

• Keep in mind that the user's shortcuts in mailbox probably won't work after this.

/Michel
  • If everything is in the same folder/s - when you do the export - just select to export that folder/s and check the option to Remove exported items from archive.
  • Is there anyway to remove the folder structure?  I did an export to PST and checked the option to remove items from the archive.

When I run the Archive Explorer, the folder tree that those messages were in is still there (there are no messages in it anymore though)

Steve

Message Edited by Stormonts on 03-18-2008 07:14 PM