Forum Discussion

dineshnegi
Level 5
12 years ago

Directory service Computer

i have installed the EV 9.0 on my test enviroment  whn i am opening the console it says.

Enter the name of computer that is running enterprise vault directory service you want to use

Directory service computer name

Regards

• You can point it to any server running the Enterprise Vault Directory Service As tony said, in this instance you'd want to point it at a server in your test environment, so you could enter localhost, fqdn, net bios, the cname/alias of a server etc It's so you can use it on a workstation for remote administration and not just having to log on to an ev server etc

4 Replies

• You can point it to any server running the Enterprise Vault Directory Service As tony said, in this instance you'd want to point it at a server in your test environment, so you could enter localhost, fqdn, net bios, the cname/alias of a server etc It's so you can use it on a workstation for remote administration and not just having to log on to an ev server etc
  • And after entering the directory computer name, when you close the vault admin console, it will ask you to save the changes. Once you save the changes, next time it will not ask you again.