Forum Discussion

GertjanA
10 years ago

Enabling mailbox - event 3139 - error enabling mailbox

Hello all,

Exchange 2010, EV10SP4CHF2.

Exchange-server has been rebuild, and according to the one who rebuild it, the powershell scripts (Throttling and permission) have been run succesfully.

Mailboxes were moved to DR-server, on which this erroneous mailbox was created. DAG were failed back to 'new' server when rebuild was completed and accepted.

Archiving etc runs fine. When enabling a new mailbox for archiving, I get event 3139 - An non-specific error has occurred whilst enabling archiving for the mailbox "removed" Error: The parameter is incorrect. (0x80070057)

I ran a trace on agentclientbroker, and see the error returning. I verified the GC is available and used. (GC: in the logfile is the one closest to the Exchange server).

A snip is attached.

When checking ADUC, I see as Exchange Home Server the DR server. I am thinking this is what is causing this issue, but I am not sure.

Someone seen and actioned this before?

Thanks. Gertjan

• Fixed.

As this worked before it must be an issue with the system-mailbox.

I opened it in EMC, and found that the SMPT address was different from the x-400 address shown.

I changed the smtp address to be equal to it, re-entered it on the task, restarted the task, and voila, I could enable mailboxes again. Syncing a mailbox also worked.

8 Replies

• do you have an archiving task and a system mailbox for that DR server? can the EV service account the system mailbox and send/receive email on the DR server?

• Hello Andrew,

Yep. Issue now is with the 'new' prod server. I'll check that tomorrow.

Thanks.

GJ

• Gertjan, is this right or just something that was missed when you were editing for privacy?
    String: /o=REMOVED/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=SYSTEMMAILBOX

(i.e. no end parentheses)?

• Nop, is right. There is no starting parentheses either right?

Recopied:

778 03:07:51.708  [32372] (AgentClientBroker) <12364> EV:L {UnEncodeCurlyBraces:#5853} String: /o=CompanyName/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=EVSYSTEMMAILBOX

779 03:07:51.708  [32372] (AgentClientBroker) <12364> EV:L {CMAPISession::CreateMapiSession:#389} MailUser 'PR_EMAIL_ADDRESS' MAPI property = /o=CompanyName/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=EVSYSTEMMAILBOX

780 03:07:51.708  [32372] (AgentClientBroker) <12364> EV:L {CMAPISession::CreateMapiSession:#395} Getting IExchangeManageStore object from the privileged mbx

• ah yeah sorry, too tired today to read englishes good i suppose!
    Anywho, only time i've ever seen that error is when the task has a System Mailbox that exists on a different exchange server

• hm, ok.

I'll have a new systemmailbox created. I just tried to sync an existing mailbox, same error. It might also be a mapi issue from the EV-server, not sure. I've restarted the services already, no luck. EV-server will be rebooted tonight also.

• Fixed.

As this worked before it must be an issue with the system-mailbox.

I opened it in EMC, and found that the SMPT address was different from the x-400 address shown.

I changed the smtp address to be equal to it, re-entered it on the task, restarted the task, and voila, I could enable mailboxes again. Syncing a mailbox also worked.