Forum Discussion

habibalby
Level 5
10 years ago

Enterprise Vault Add-in in VDI Environment

Hello,

We are currently deploying VDI solution where for our users. I have built Windows 8.1 Ent template with all the required softwares installed including Outlook 2013 and the Symantec Add-in plugin.

I have noticed when I launch the outlook for the first time, it asks to process the enable wizard in order to enable the Enterprise Vault Add-in. Following the wizard for Persistant Desktop users works fine as this wizard has to run once only, but for the users who has Pooled Desktops it's quite challange. Everyday they have to run the wizard as their desktops are not persistant.

Is there a way to auto launch the add-in without prompting the user to follow this wizard everytime?

Is there any other recommendations when it comes to Enterprise Vault for Exchange 2007 and performance for VDI envrionment when users tries to fetch an archived items?

Highly appreciate your input.

Regards,

• Is the pop-up related to:

New_Document_-_Royal_TSX.png

Specifically the option 'Allow users to decide'

See even if you make it automatically enable Vault Cache, and Virtual Vault, because of your thin client desktop stuff each time a user opens Outlook after they login, a 'new' Vault Cache/Virtual Vault will be created. Now if you do the header mode stuff, as is described in the compatibility charts, that will help. But it will still mean you get a FULL MDC built every time a user logs in.

18 Replies