Forum Discussion

pdunnigan
Level 4
10 years ago

Enterprise Vault Logs in version 11.0.1

We upgrade our EV from 9.02 to 11.0.1 a few weeks ago. I've noticed tha in my Exchange 2010, my log folders are filling up faster then usual. Is there any changes in the amount of logs that EV creates in the new version?

• if you're referring to database logs then you probably know that changes in Exchange are what contribute to those logs being generated. sure, those changes can come from archiving or restoring of email but they can come from any other source as well. it's possible that as a result of your EV upgrade (which may have had a hardware upgrade and 32bit to 64bit upgrade, etc) you have improved your EV performance. if EV is performing better and there was a backlog of archiving to be accomplished then maybe you'd see increased database log activity. if you changed your archiving policies to archive more aggressively, that would also contribute. if you enabled more users in EV, same.

3 Replies

• Are you referring specifically to Exchange logs?  It could be you are archiving more than you were previously.

• if you're referring to database logs then you probably know that changes in Exchange are what contribute to those logs being generated. sure, those changes can come from archiving or restoring of email but they can come from any other source as well. it's possible that as a result of your EV upgrade (which may have had a hardware upgrade and 32bit to 64bit upgrade, etc) you have improved your EV performance. if EV is performing better and there was a backlog of archiving to be accomplished then maybe you'd see increased database log activity. if you changed your archiving policies to archive more aggressively, that would also contribute. if you enabled more users in EV, same.