Forum Discussion

15 years ago

EnterprisVault reporting

The report page show the following.

• An error occurred while executing OnInit: Could not load file or assembly 'KVS.EnterpriseVault.Common, Version=8.0.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=26c5e2ccf2b9267c' or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417) (rsErrorInOnInit)

all reports shown this error. how can I setup it right?

• I think this is what you need to do:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/317967

After Installing and Configuring Enterprise Vault (EV) Reports for version 8.0, cannot access Site Settings - Security (rsaccessdenied)

Exact Error Message
    The permissions granted to user '<Domain>\<Username>' are insufficient for performing this operation (rsAccessDenied)

Details:

The configuration process will setup the Reporting user and deploy the EV Reports.  
    In EV 8.0, EV Roles-Based Authentication (RBA) is used for EV Reporting and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) RBA is not supported.  
    The access to settings related to SSRS security and management has been denied as part of the EV Reports functionality.

In order to implement the EV RBA security, the configuration process also makes changes to the rsreportserver.config configuration file for the SRSS instance.

The values under the security value of the config are changed:

Before:

<Security>
      <Extension Name="Windows" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Authorization.WindowsAuthorization, Microsoft.ReportingServices.Authorization" />
     </Security>
     <Authentication>
      <Extension Name="Windows" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Authentication.WindowsAuthentication, Microsoft.ReportingServices.Authorization" />

After:

<Security>
      <Extension Name="Windows" Type="Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Reports.SecurityExtension.Authorization,EVSecurityExtension" />
     </Security>
     <Authentication>
      <Extension Name="Windows" Type="Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Reports.SecurityExtension.Authentication,EVSecurityExtension" />

This issue results from how RBA has been implemented in Enterprise Vault 8.0. However there are a few workarounds available:

Workaround 1:

This workaround sets the security configuration back to pre-Enterprise Vault 8.0 functionality.
    A. Open the rsreportserver.config for the current SSRS instance.
    B. Locate and change the following values for the Authorization and Authentication Security Extensions:

<Extension Name="Windows" Type="Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Reports.SecurityExtension.Authorization,EVSecurityExtension" />

Back to:

<Extension Name="Windows" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Authorization.WindowsAuthorization, Microsoft.ReportingServices.Authorization" />

<Extension Name="Windows" Type="Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Reports.SecurityExtension.Authentication,EVSecurityExtension" />

Back to:

<Extension Name="Windows" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Authentication.WindowsAuthentication, Microsoft.ReportingServices.Authorization" />

Note:
       a. This workaround will stop the EV RBA integration with SSRS and default EV Reporting to use SSRS RBA.  Perform an IIS reset in order for the changes to take effect.
       b. In addition to the above, it has been observed in some environments that opening the Reports web page may take minutes to initially open when using EV RBA integration.

9 Replies

• Thanks,

I have uninstall and install the whole thing, it give me an error

The report server is not responding. Verify that the report server is running and can be accessed from this computer.

And when I find the log or reporting, it shows the following
    w3wp!library!6!04/27/2010-11:59:28:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.OperationNotSupportedException: The feature: "Custom security extensions" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services., ;
     Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.OperationNotSupportedException: The feature: "Custom security extensions" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services.
    w3wp!extensionfactory!6!04/27/2010-11:59:28:: e ERROR: Exception caught instantiating Windows report server extension: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.OperationNotSupportedException: The feature: "Custom security extensions" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services..

What can I do?

• What version of SQL are you running ...Hope you are not trying to install it on SQL express...

• I have reinstall the sql to 2008
    I can only access my reports by my report service account. How can I add other user to open the homepage?
    WHen I click the SQL server report services "site setting" -> "security " tab.
    It promt me "The permissions granted to user 'HLDNT_EDP\svcsev' are insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)"

what can I do?

• I think this is what you need to do:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/317967

After Installing and Configuring Enterprise Vault (EV) Reports for version 8.0, cannot access Site Settings - Security (rsaccessdenied)

Exact Error Message
    The permissions granted to user '<Domain>\<Username>' are insufficient for performing this operation (rsAccessDenied)

Details:

The configuration process will setup the Reporting user and deploy the EV Reports.  
    In EV 8.0, EV Roles-Based Authentication (RBA) is used for EV Reporting and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) RBA is not supported.  
    The access to settings related to SSRS security and management has been denied as part of the EV Reports functionality.

In order to implement the EV RBA security, the configuration process also makes changes to the rsreportserver.config configuration file for the SRSS instance.

The values under the security value of the config are changed:

Before:

<Security>
     </Security>
     <Authentication>

After:

<Security>
     </Security>
     <Authentication>

This issue results from how RBA has been implemented in Enterprise Vault 8.0. However there are a few workarounds available:

Workaround 1:

This workaround sets the security configuration back to pre-Enterprise Vault 8.0 functionality.
    A. Open the rsreportserver.config for the current SSRS instance.
    B. Locate and change the following values for the Authorization and Authentication Security Extensions:

Back to:

Back to:

Note:
       a. This workaround will stop the EV RBA integration with SSRS and default EV Reporting to use SSRS RBA.  Perform an IIS reset in order for the changes to take effect.
       b. In addition to the above, it has been observed in some environments that opening the Reports web page may take minutes to initially open when using EV RBA integration.