Forum Discussion

Tonaco_pt
13 years ago

Entreprise Vault 10.0 Licensing

I received an upgrade mail notice from Symantec alerting that version 10.0 is available, the mail also refer to an licensing change, what is Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.0 Custom Archiving Agent and Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.0 Historical Vault?

Does this affect my organization?

I have:

SYMC ENTERPRISE VAULT STORAGE MANAGEMENT FOR MICROSOFT EXCHANGE 10.0 WIN PER USER STD LIC GOV BAND S

Serial Number:  M03…

Order Details

Customer Name:          

Customer Number:       

Order Number: 

Quantity Purchased :    1300

This is a part of the notification mail:

Quantidade licenciada do EV 9.0

Direito para o EV 10.0

1 to 1024 gigabytes (GB)

1 terabyte (TB)

1025 to 2048 gigabytes (GB)

2 terabytes (TB)

2049 to 3072 gigabytes (GB)

3 terabytes (TB)

ETC.

Se você tiver o Symantec Enterprise Vault 9.0 Historical Vault, você receberá uma licença de (1) Terabyte (TB) para cada duzentos e cinquenta e seis (256) usuários licenciados do Symantec Enterprise Vault Historical Vault. Se o seu volume de licenças for parcial, arredondaremos para o próximo terabyte (TB).

Exemplo:

Quantidade licenciada do EV 9.0

Direito para o EV 10.0

1 a 256 usuários

1 terabyte (TB)

257 a 512 usuários

2 terabytes (TB)

513 a 768 usuários

3 terabytes (TB)

ETC.

• I dont believe any of this effects you, and historical vault i believe is just when you have backups of old exchange databases and journal mailbox and you want to import them in to EV, that is what the historical vault is all about. not many people use it as far as im aware

4 Replies

• I dont believe any of this effects you, and historical vault i believe is just when you have backups of old exchange databases and journal mailbox and you want to import them in to EV, that is what the historical vault is all about. not many people use it as far as im aware

• this board is perfect for support and product questions and most of us know about the licensing too but in my honest opinion, i would recommend you check with your symantec account manager for licensing questions.