Forum Discussion

graham1871
Level 3
13 years ago

EV 7.5 Change of domain and SP5 Installation problem

Hi, we have an old EV 7.5 server that we wish to join to a new domain to provide access to some old mailbox archvies.

I have joined the server to the new domain and am using a new service account on the new domain.

I have changed all the service accounts for SQL and changed the databases to be owned by the new service account.

I ran into a problem changing the service account within EV Administration Console regarding "unable to change password encryption" or similar and was advised to upgrade the service pack to fix.

I installed SP5 for EV7.5, which ran successfully. 

I have the directory and admin services running.
On trying to run "Enterprise Vault Configuration" it fails with "could not connect to the directory service" and appears to kill the directory service at the same time.  It puts the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database in single user mode (which I understand it does in order to start the upgrade).

If have tried putting the database back in multi-user mode and re-starting the directory and admin services before trying the upgrade configuration again - but I get the same problem each time.

In the event viewer I get error ID 8557 which led me to:

http://clientui-kb.symantec.com/kb/index?page=content&id=TECH51326&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1331312892836

I also get information ID 8229 which led me to:

http://clientui-kb.symantec.com/kb/index?page=content&id=TECH67358&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1331311736558

I have followed all the advice but still have the same problem.

Any pointers very much appreciated!

Unfortunately we can't upgrade to EV8 or higher as the server won't support it.

We just want to bring these old archive files back on-line for now so people can access their archived mailboxes.

Thanks

•  

The directory service now seems to be running...

All it took was this:

TRUNCATE TABLE ENTERPRISEVAULTDIRECTORY.DBO.KEYSTORE

That's it!

It looks like there are other issues but this is a breakthrough at least.

13 Replies