Forum Discussion

Bootch
Level 3
13 years ago

EV 9.0.2 Unable To Retrieve Attachments From Archived Emails

Hello,

I'm hoping that someone may be able to help us, we're running EV 9 and have recently upgraded our clients to 9.0.2.1169.0

We're currently experiencing issues since post upgraded to v9 with some users where they are unable to retrieve attachments from archived emails. The errors they receive when opening the emails are

"There was an error loading this item - some functionality may not be available" clicking on the grey bar reveals

"The item could not be downloaded [OIOM] 80070005"

The PSTDisableGrow and PSTDisableGrowAllowAuthenticodeOverrides reg setting are both set to 1 and stored within HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\PST. These were already set when we used the previous version prior to upgrading to version 9. We're running Outlook 2007 with SP2 installed. If I set these reg keys back to 0 then EV retrieves all attachments without any problems however this is not an acceptable workaround. All the symantec articles I've founf indicate that providing these keys are set and in the right location then there shouldn't be a problem

I've attached a client log from one of the machines. Any help would be much appreciated.

• Hmmm this may be difficult So first of all, where does their temp directory point to? Is it a shared drive or do they point to the local drive? The difficult thing here is technically ms does not support pst files on shared drives :/

20 Replies