Forum Discussion

Sox
Level 4
11 years ago

EV10 database migration

I have one problem with our EV console. Our database admin was make migration of all databases (including EV databases) from single server to clustered SQL instance. He didn't consult with me before migration of EV databases, and now EV console won't connect. he keep the same SQL instance name, he configure named pipes and tcp settings regarding Symantec recommendations, he put evservice account on cluster nodes in local admins group, he give all proper permissions to SQL instance to evservice account. Even after that we cannot start EV console now. All EV services are running. Can any anybody help me to solve this problem? Thank you in advance
  • Hello Sox,

Following is an excerpt from the Dtrace log on what i see:

417         14:00:03.761       [4304]  (DirectoryService)           <4932> EV:M     The SQL database server for Provider=SQLOLEDB;Server=CLSQL08-2\EVSILOS;Database=MASTER;Integrated Security=SSPI is not available: |Check that the SQL Server is valid and is running|Internal reference(CC1)|Additional Microsoft supplied information:|Source:       Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server|Number:       0x80004005|SQL State:    08001|Native Error: 17|HRESULT|0xc0043433

418         14:00:03.761       [4304]  (DirectoryService)           <4932> EV:L       CADOContext::CreateConnection exit. source:Provider=SQLOLEDB;Server=CLSQL08-2\EVSILOS;Database=MASTER;Integrated Security=SSPI hr=The SQL database server for %2 is not available:      Check that the SQL Server is valid and is running         Internal reference(%8)   Description:      %1     Additional Microsoft supplied information:     Source:       %3   Number:       %4   SQL State:    %5   Native Error: %6   HRESULT  %7        (0x8004344a)

419         14:00:03.761       [4304]  (DirectoryService)           <4932> EV:H      CDirectoryServiceObject::CheckDirectoryEntry - Directory database existence check has failed. The connection to SQL Server could not be established.   The connection will be tried repeatedly until the Directory Service is stopped.   SQL Server : %1      (0xc0042198)

420         14:00:03.761       [4304]  (DirectoryService)           <4932> EV~E      Event ID: 8600 The connection to SQL Server could not be established. |The connection will be tried repeatedly until the Directory Service is stopped. |SQL Server : CLSQL08-2\EVSILOS |

421         14:00:03.761       [4304]  (DirectoryService)           <4932> EV:L       CADOContext::CreateConnection entry

So EV is trying to connect to Provider=SQLOLEDB;Server=CLSQL08-2\EVSILOS is it the right instance ??

Show the above error to your SQL DB and see if he can identify anything from SQL side.

I hope this helps !!!

Regards,

A_J

22 Replies