Forum Discussion

PJJ
Level 2
12 years ago

eVault 10.03 Outlook Add-in passive with Outlook 2013

Hi,

Has anyone idea why Outlook Add-in appears as passive with Outlook 2013 and eVault icons not available?

I have set RPC over HTTP restriction to the value None and synchronized All mailboxes in Default Exchange Desktop Policy that workaround has been mentioned in several blogs but it doesn't help. Also ResetEVClient.exe has been ran several times.

RGDS - PJJ

7 Replies

• So you see the EV ribbon?

And you see icons on the ribbon?

But nothing happens when you click on ANY of them?

Have you got a client trace with maximum logging enabled? And a screenshot of the tab...

• Hi Rob,

I can't see EV Ribbon at all. When looking Outlook settings eVault Add-in is set to passive.

I have also reinstalled EV add-in several times.

When tick eVault Add-in tickbox manually it doesn't give me any error messages but doesn't stay as active when restarting Outlook client.

When trying manually add Add-in I get an error C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EVclient\Velkyrie is not valid Add-in

About client trace do you mean Outlook logging level or eVault?

Rgds - PJJ

• Hi,

It seems that should have created this post much earlier smiley

I did reinstallaton once again at this time used setup.exe and not MSI file and that seemed to fix the issue. next have to check SCCM distribution and make sure SCCM installation is using setup.exe.

Any ideas why MSI package doesn't work?

• Depends on your OS. With Windows 7 and higher then you need to use the exe so that the privileges can be raised for installation.

• That's fair enough. Thanks for your hep with this one. With Win7 that seemed to be a trick.

-PJJ