DirectoryComputerName
Value in error:     hbsevarch.mydomain.com
Error parsing the config (.ini) file

My zap.ini file looks like this:

[Directory]

DirectoryComputerName=hbsevarch.mydomain.com
Sitename=evault1
[Mailbox]
DistinguishedName = /o=redacted/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=1a662457e14345e8a4e2fdabad35e8e8-Redacted Name
[Folder]
Name = Mailboxroot

Zap = True

What am I doing wrong?

• You all set me on the right path. It wasn't spaces, it was line returns.

I opened my zap file in NotePad++ (instead of Notepad) and saw that there was an extra line return. I removed the extra line return and it stopped complaining about the Directory name. 

6 Replies

• Hi, 

are you using the alias or the hostname of the ev-server for DirectoryComputerName? Have you tried both? 

File is saved as Unicode? Which version of EV are you using?

You could create a dtrace of the evpm process and share an abstract from it with us. 

Regards

Marc

GertjanA

Hello,

I had this years ago, and it puzzled me to madness.

Eventually, I found (and I do not recall exact, but it was one of the two) that the DirectoryServer has a space behind the name in DNS or in the Directory database (not sure anymore which one).

GJ

CConsult

seems right. for some reason "hbsevarch.mydomain.com" has a space before its name (it has 4 instead of 3 spaces, compare it to the other ones)

• It's telling you that the problem is with parsing the value "hbsevarch.mydomain.com" as a DirectoryComputerName. I know you want to keep the information redacted, but are there any unusual characters or patterns in your domain name? Also, like Marcde suggested, a dtrace of EVPM ought to make things clearer.

--Chris

• You all set me on the right path. It wasn't spaces, it was line returns.

I opened my zap file in NotePad++ (instead of Notepad) and saw that there was an extra line return. I removed the extra line return and it stopped complaining about the Directory name. 

Marcde

This should not be an issue at all. However glad to hear you got it sorted out.