Forum Discussion

_Benny_
Level 3
10 years ago

How to restore from the EV Admin console to the original folder in the mailbox.

Hi all,

When performing a restore from Enterprise Vault Admin Console (Export Archive > Export archives to their original mailboxes) all restored emails end up in the "Restored Items" folder in the Outlook client. The stub disapears and the email appears under Restored Items, how would I get the emails to be restored automatically into their original folders?

If I select the email in the client as the user and click the "Restore from Vault" icon the email is restored to the correct location.

If I select the email as the user from the EV web site for clients (http://servername.fqdn/enterprisevault) and click restore I get the option to restore the item to the 'Restored Items' or the 'current folder path inside themailbox' but the stub doesn't disapear.

EV Version: 10.0.0.1316 on Windows Server 2008 R2

Client Versions: Outlook 2007

Thankyou :)

• I reviewed your screenshots of the process and it all looks correct.  That being the case you should open a case with Symantec Support as it would seem you have some kind of environmental issue causing this and finding the cause would require a bit of hands on access the forum cannot really give you.

Regards

Tony

18 Replies