Forum Discussion

Mike_P
Level 4
17 years ago

Is there a patch for the Valkyrie.dll error in outlook 2007?

"The Add-in "Enterprise Vault" (C:\Program Files\KVS\EVClient\valkyrie.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in manufacture for an update. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in."

I've been reading some posts from year 2006 stating that ESM and outlook 2007 conflict when installing the EVclient_en. They suggested uninstalling ESM, running fixmapi.exe, and installing ESM again to make both work together.

Is that still the only way to fix this, or does anyone know if there has been an update by symantec? We have many people with ESM, and an update would be much easier.

Thanks!
  • with Office 2007 and that error, it tends to be WDS which is the killer, do a repair of outlook 2007 (Help -> Outlook Diagnostics) then run fixmapi and reboot I know the articles involved sound almost like anarchy, but its the only real way to resolve it, and i've heard a *lot* of people say that it doesn't work, and when i've held the hand so to speak through the process and you don't miss a step, then it works

6 Replies

• Hi,
    There is no update to this.  Since Microsoft doesn't officially support ESM and Outlook on the same PC unfortunately.
  • I am facing the same problem here. Even after uninstalling the ESM and re-installing it after installing the add-in. The problem come up again and need to do the same. Now I am using another computer through remote desktop if I want to work with ESM.
    Regards,
  • Hi,

I also have the same problem here. I have a Windows XP x64 running Office 2007 Pro Plus. No ESM installed on the computer but I still get that error message. I tried almost all fix w/out luck.

I've run: 

- EV_8.0_SP2_Cumulative_client_fixes_330104
    - EVClient_en_2007SP4_315274

I also tried to register the valkyrie.dll file without luck...

I definitely suspect the x64 base operating system but I can't test it out without a fix for that .dll or better, a x64 based client.

Thanks!
  • with Office 2007 and that error, it tends to be WDS which is the killer, do a repair of outlook 2007 (Help -> Outlook Diagnostics) then run fixmapi and reboot I know the articles involved sound almost like anarchy, but its the only real way to resolve it, and i've heard a *lot* of people say that it doesn't work, and when i've held the hand so to speak through the process and you don't miss a step, then it works
  • Hi Jesus,

I tried a repair to Outlook and it ran fine, finished without any problems. Then, I ran "fixmapi", waited for few minutes before rebooting but the problem still striking...

I think that I would need a x64 based client for Evault. I'm just wondering where I can get one.

Regards,
    David.