Forum Discussion

Marcde
9 years ago

Items that have been deleted from Vault Store but have not yet been deleted from the indexes

Hello together,  We get Event ID: 41022 There are XXXXX items that have been deleted from Vault Store 'VaultStore01' but have not yet been deleted from the indexes. There may be a problem wi...
    9 years ago

Just to add to the discussion, deletion reason 4 is 'System Deleted', so at this point I would say that you assumption is correct Marcde09.

I would hazard a guess and say that the IDPartition/PartitionID of those items in the JournalDelete table is '-1'?

If the values are -1 for IDPartition/PartitionID (cant remember the exact phrasing right now) it means that you are 100% correct, it was never stored to a partition and EV backed out of the operation, turned the items to normal items again then moved the DB entries to the JournalDelete table.

There is a problem with a particular version of EV where if the value of the IDPartition column is '-1' they stay in that table, will need to wait until I am back in the office tomorrow to see if 11.0.1 CHF1 is one of them.

Items in the JournalDelete table are cleared ONLY if the item meets certain criteria, if they do not meet ALL of those criteria they will stay in that table. So they can stay in the table for a variety of reasons, it may well be worth getting a case opened with us so that we can work our way through them with you and ensure the items are cleared out of that table correctly.