Forum Discussion

Stev0
Level 3
14 years ago

Mac EV can't open shortcuts created by PC EV

I'm piloting the use of Mac's in my company's enterprise, and have come across a roadblock in EV integration.  Our email backbone is Exchange 2003, and we use EV v9 to archive old emails.  I've ins...
    14 years ago

Hi

By default shortcuts will not synchronize to your Entourage client.  If a mail has been delivered to Entourage and is subsequently archived it will not appear as a shortcut in Entourage (but will in Outlook and OWA).  If you clear the folder cache and allow Entourage to re-synch the shortcut will be downloaded.

Based on Entourage user feedback this was the default choice as they want to work with the original mail where ever possible.  However, there is a policy setting on the Exchange mailbox policy advanced settings that will cause Entourage to receive shortcuts on synchronization.  The policy setting is:

Exchange Mailbox Policy -> Advanced -> Archiving General

Shortcut sync for mail clients [Off/On]

This only works going forward (existing shortcuts are not downloaded unless you clear the folder cache). 

Set this to on, restart the archiving test and repeat your tests - hopefully you should find the shortcut is synchronized to Entourage automatically.

One thing to note is that this does need the EV client on Entourage to be configured correctly - I assume the sign-in worked OK?  If so this registers the users mailbox to receive shortcuts on simple mail clients (for example Entourage).

Hope this helps.

Karl