Forum Discussion

TajComp
Level 3
9 years ago

Provisioning Task Order

Hi eveyone,

I just need to check if my understanding is correct.

I have inherited a EV situation where there is a a provision group set for new users with the auto-enabled Ticked.

However this is the 4th in the order after whole exchange organization

There is also a existing user provision group which is set to 2 in the order that has the Auto-enable ticked as well.

So my thinking is that

leave the temp provisioning task as is number 1.

exisiting user provisioning task   as      number 2   with Auto-enable turned off

New User which targets the managed user OU  as number 3  with Auto-enabled turned ON

then Whole Organization  Auto-enabled Turned OFF

I have read the gradular best practises and this appears to be inline with those

I am not sure what the exisitng user PG is set to auto-enabled this seems redundant to me

thanks in advance

• in this situation it would not create a second archive for the same mailbox. since a user can only exist in 1 OU then the order of those two PGs doesnt matter. it would be different if, for example, you were using AD Groups since a user could be a member of both groups.

4 Replies

• the first provisioning group a user hits is the one which will apply therefore whole exchange should always be at the bottom because it includes all the users regardless if you're using auto-enable or not

• Thanks AndrewB,

yep I understand that part which is one reason why I want to change the order

the add new user PG targets the managed users OU as above, but I just want to make sure that it will not try to create a 2nd archive the next time the task is run.

As for the exisiting user this is a seperate OU and is the 2nd PG run But I dont understand why the previous perhaps has Ticked the Auto-enable mailbox in this instanace.. 

thanks for your thoughts

• in this situation it would not create a second archive for the same mailbox. since a user can only exist in 1 OU then the order of those two PGs doesnt matter. it would be different if, for example, you were using AD Groups since a user could be a member of both groups.

• Thanks AndrewB

I just need to check before I shoot myself in the foot by suggesting a change that was in implemented by the previous guys