Forum Discussion

AlanJ
Level 4
12 years ago

Exchange Provisioning Task in Error Status

I have an issue with a Provisioning task which does not appear to be functioning. The server itself was upgraded to 9.0.4 about 3 weeks ago and everything was working fine until yesterday when I tried to run a manual Provisioning Task.

I got a strange error (can't exactly rememeber the details) stating that the task did not have sufficient privileges to run when trying to execute the task. Considering that nothing has changed in the environment, the services (and later the server itself) were restarted and that is when the task reflected the status to be in an error state.

The event log has only revealed event ID 41445 which mentions that the Provisioning task has not completed a run. Apart from that, there doesn't appear to be anything else specific to this issue.

I have searched for any information regarding this and so far have not been able to find anything.

Any help will be appreciated.

• Did you recently install the EV Client on the EV Server? Can you verify your InstallPath in the registry?

I think you have a similar issue as found here:

Error with the Enterprise Vault Services after an uninstall of the Enterprise Vault Client from the server

Article:TECH178024  |  Created: 2011-12-30  |  Updated: 2012-09-26  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH178024

Manually add the 'InstallPath' and 'InstallationDate' String registry values to the Enterprise Vault registry hive: 

32-bit:  'HKLM\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Install'

64-bit:  'HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Install'

Ensure the value of the 'InstallPath' registry value is the location of the Installation directory for Enterprise Vault, by default this would be:

32-bit:  C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault

64-bit:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault

The 'InstallationDate'  registry value should be in the format:

12/10/2011 12:21:32

15 Replies