Forum Discussion

AKL
Level 6
12 years ago

PST Migrations & Exchange Quotas

Hello As soon as I type in first line about PST migration question, a voice inside me tells "you need to use third party PST migrator along with EV rather than EV native tools !" LOL. But that's th...
    12 years ago

This tells me a few things:

a/  The quote which is being read is LOWER than the amount of space needed to ingest the items, otherwise the SetEx2KUserQuotaValues function wouldn't change anything.

b/ You're not seeing (nor am I) the values that come out of the GetEx2KUserQutoaValues - I would expect them to be logged.  I mean logging them out is just good practice.. maybe these functions don't..  SYMC Support would be the only ones to tell you whether or not they SHOULD log something out.

c/ The values that were obtained for the limits are all flat ie equal.

In my environment they were set to 3 different (low) values.  And the result in my trace is a bump up of each to three different values.  Yours all show 2 Gb.

d/ One (remote?) possibility is because the quota is >2Gb.  I have personally seen 1-2 issues in the past (when I worked at Symantec) where the product failed to correctly determine things like mailbox size, when the mailbox was over 2 Gb.  The 'cure' for this would be for 'someone' to do a bigger repro, and set the values as you have indicated for the quota, and then ingest a PST.

That someone would really need to be SYMC support - and would take quite some effort.