Forum Discussion

8 Replies

• You mean you have no saveset data on disk?

You can't rebuild the index from anything OTHER than the .dvs files on disk.

• are your vault store partitions and vault store databases all intact?

• Yes the databases and Storepartitions are intact. But the customer has lost the entire Index volume in an earlier SAN crash. It turns out that they do not have a backup of this disk

• So yes, you can rebuild the indices provided all other data is in tact.

• I have mounted a new disk to the EV server with the same drive letter.
    Ok so under archives I right click each archive and under the  Index volumes tab I  choose Rebuild Index Volume. Is there any way to do this for all the archives in one batch? It will take forever to do this manually for each archive

• I don't have an EV 9 server handy, so can't see how it's done there.

In EV 10 it's possible to do lots..

• any time an index is searched it will kick off a rebuild if the index doesn't exist
    so you could just do a search through the browser search, you could also do an archiving run, as that will cause any new items to be added to an index meaning they'll all be rebuilt as well, but anyone without items to archive won't have that occur

• All the index has been rebuilt now AND the customer takes backup of this disk from now on.

In EV 9.02 It seems to be no way to rebuild the index for all archives simultaneously. atleast not from the Vac Console. So it's a manual process ):

Thanks for all the answers :)

/Patric