Forum Discussion

Laura
Level 3
7 years ago

Server migration wizard partition error

Using the server migration wizard to migrate from Server 2008 11.0.1 to Server 2016 12.3. Got to the part where it verifies partitions, and one of my 5 partitions is giving an error. The partition i...
    7 years ago

The mismatch it's complaining about is between the PartitionEntryId in SQL and the one recorded in the EnterpriseVaultPartitionRoot.xml, which resides in the partition root path (in your case, inside the "Exchange Store 1 Ptn 4" folder).

In your case, the value in the XML file is 105491E4A98C1D44EAA458F9B20A5F2EE1q10000evsite, which, as you said, actually corresponds to another partition.

I would double-check that you copied the data for Ptn 4 correctly, as the most likely cause would be if you copied the data from the Ptn2 folder on the source server into the Ptn 4 folder on the destination server (since the EnterpriseVaultPartitionRoot.xml is part of that data). If you are certain that the partition data was copied correctly, then either go manually copy the correct EnterpriseVaultPartitionRoot.xml from the source partition, or just edit the PartitionEntryId in the XML file to be the correct one for Ptn 4.

--Chris