Forum Discussion

gazbea
Level 2
14 years ago

Shopping Service on EV9

Hi there,

Having a few issues with Enterprise Vault 9 and the Shopping Service.

We have recently completed an Enterprise Vault 9 and Exchange 2010 migration and are getting a few issues. The main ones all appear to be around the Shopping Service.

When trying to restore from Enterprise Vault search we receive the following error:

Could not restore the item due to a server error

When we then try to restore from Archive Explorer we get the following message:

Failed to move item. The shopping service is not running

After getting this message I log in to the Enterprise Vault admin console and check the running services only to notice that the Shopping Service is in an "Error" state:

Shopping Service - Enabled - Error

After noticing this I opened Services to check the Shopping Service state and found that it was missing altogether!

Shopping Service missing

I've checked through the Event Logs and there are no signs that it has been removed. I've checked the Enterprise Vault install directory and the executable is still there.

There are also thousands of Events relating to DCOM and the Shopping Service (event 10016).

Enterprise Vault 9 is installed on Windows 2003 Standard Service Pack 2.

Hope somebody could please help.

Thanks,

Gareth

• unless i've been taking crazy pills today, wouldn't a USL suffice, because i don't think that resetting the password through the VAC will create the missing service and neither will reinstalling the binaries, but USL will create the services

11 Replies

• Yeah I'm going to be heading down the USL route by the looks of it. The configuration in the database appears correct so I'm giong to have to schedule this in.

Thanks for the detailed explanation though. That explains things a lot more and something to go on when trying to get the amendment through our change processes