Forum Discussion

AndrewB
15 years ago

SQL connection warning - event 13397

Ok going to give this one more shot. the first time i posted it showed u blank! here goes: EV8SP3 on Win2k3 x64 - We've ben getting warning 13397 on one specific EV server which is archiving mailboxes from two Exchange 2007 servers. As far as I can tell, everything is working properly. The text in the description of the event is the same each time and has the strange characters in it. I found a technote which talks about this issue but all it says is to restart the Directory Service which didn't help. Event Type: Warning Event Source: Enterprise Vault Event Category: Storage Delete Event ID: 13397 Date: 6/29/2010 Time: 9:12:19 AM User: N/A Computer: EVARCH Description: The connection 'ovider=SQLOLEDB;Server=evdb;Database=EVMailArchive;Trusted_Connection=yes' was lost and the system is waiting to reconnect (Thread Id: 5624)
  • our issue was probably that the sql server was too busy (disk-bound in our case) because it was on the same server as our EV archiving for Exchange journaling. after building a new sql cluster just for EV and migrating all our databases, the issue appears to have gone away.

18 Replies